Pain Relief Pump & Recovery After Surgery
UnaSource is known near and far for patients’ relatively brief recovery after surgery as well as for its post-operative pain management solutions. UnaSource offers an optional non-narcotic pain relief pump for more centralized pain management.
After your surgery, it is very important that you follow your home care instructions. Call your doctor if you have any questions or problems.
- Due to the effects of anesthesia, you should not drive a car, operate machinery, make important decisions, sign any legal documents, or drink any alcoholic beverages after your surgery.
- A nurse from the center will call you the day after your surgery to see how you are feeling and to address any questions or concerns.
- Be sure to schedule a postoperative appointment with your physician.
If you have an emergency after the center is closed, call your physician, go to the nearest emergency room, or call 911.
Post-Operative Pain Relief
UnaSource is an industry leader in pain management solutions after surgery.
One way we do so is through the use of a non-narcotic pain relief system that delivers centralized pain relief.
The postoperative, non-narcotic pain relief pump designed to deliver local anesthetic to or near the surgical site through specially designed catheters, providing patients days of targeted pain relief after surgery.
The traditional way of relieving pain after surgery has been with narcotics such as a morphine injection or pain pills. These drugs affect your entire body instead of targeting the actual site of your surgery, and may cause unpleasant side effects. In some cases, narcotics may actually prevent you from getting back to normal faster due to the side effects.
With the use of this pain pump, only the surgical site is targeted with a goal of relieving pain while helping patients get back to their everyday life faster and with fewer side effects.
For more information about your recovery,See our Frequently Asked Questions
Pain Relief Pump
Pain relief after surgery is an important part of your recovery process. When you’re not in pain, you may be able to move around sooner, have a better appetite, and possibly return to your normal activities more quickly. The pain relief pump is designed to reduce side effects while helping you recover faster.
- Better pain relief, while reducing narcotic side effects such as nausea, vomiting, constipation, and grogginess
- Less need for narcotics
- Quicker return to normal body function
- Feel better faster
- Greater mobility
- Faster return to normal activities
- More comfortable recovery