About UnaSource Surgery Center: Compassionate Outpatient Surgery for Children & Adults
Located on the first floor of the 4550 building on the UnaSource Health campus in Troy, Michigan, UnaSource Surgery Center (USC) provides multi-specialty outpatient surgery to infants, children, adults, and seniors.
UnaSource Surgery Center was formed in 2002 and began doing procedures in March 2004. Today, we treat over 6,000 patients each year.
Designed for patient comfort and surgical efficiency, UnaSource Surgery Center has five operating rooms and 18 private patient care suites.
Our medical staff includes more than 70 physicians, all of whom are either Board-Certified or Board-Eligible. USC physicians represent seven different medical specialties: Orthopedic Surgery, General Surgery, Otolaryngology (Ear, Nose & Throat), Ophthalmology, Plastic/Reconstructive Surgery, Podiatry, and Urology.
Each clinical member of our team maintains Basic Lifesaving Skills (BLS) certification, and each Registered Nurse and Nurse Anesthetist on our team maintains certification in Basic Lifesaving Skills (BLS) and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS). Nurses assigned to caring for children at our facility also maintain certification in Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS). Additionally, all staff members regularly receive training on new technology and treatments, emergency preparedness, infection control, privacy, and safety.
Our reputation for excellence is reflected in the consistently high patient satisfaction scores we receive. Year after year, over 97 percent of our patients say that they would recommend UnaSource Surgery Center to a family member or friend for their surgical care. In fact, UnaSource Surgery Center is one of only a few in the country to receive an APEX Award by SPH Analytics for Excellence in Patient Satisfaction 10 years running!
With leading physicians, innovative pain management, and a compassionate, humanistic environment, UnaSource Surgery Center provides outstanding patient care with a personalized touch.
Licenses & Accreditation for Our Outpatient Surgery Center
UnaSource Surgery Center upholds the highest standards of licensure and accreditation.
- Licensed by the State of Michigan
- Accredited by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care Inc. (AAAHC)
- Certified by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) as Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) compliant
- Member of the Ambulatory Surgery Center Association (ASCA)
- Member of the Michigan Ambulatory Surgery Association (MASA)
Outstanding Clinical Outcomes & Innovation
UnaSource Surgery Center also boasts outstanding clinical outcomes and has been recognized by national organizations for exceptional quality. Our team of professionals work together to ensure patients’ comfort, security, and satisfaction.
- On-time prophylactic antibiotic administration (100% compliance in 2019)
- Post-operative infections (.62 per 1,000 admissions in 2019)
- Post-operative emergency room visits (2.78 per 1,000 admissions in 2019)
- Overall patient satisfaction rating of 98.1% (2019)
- SPH Analytics APEX Quality Award Winner for Excellence in Patient Satisfaction 10 years in a row Press Release Here
As a leader in innovation among ambulatory surgery centers, UnaSource Surgery Center offers a collaborative outpatient joint replacement program (Learn More), a comprehensive peripheral nerve block program, and is the first independent ASC in Michigan to perform robotic surgery on the DaVinci.